Wednesday 3 October 2012

I'm a half Ironman


It’s been a while since I last posted. A little remiss of me really. In the time I’ve been gone, I’ve done a load of other half marathons, lots of swim training and completed a half Ironman in the US.

I was also lucky enough to be able to buy a new bike, a friend bought me an awesome new watch and he was even awesome enough to a) let me borrow most of his gear and b) act as a race team support crew for when I completed the Ironman.

It’s been a good time. But I still have goals for the rest of the year and I’m still not happy with how I feel and my performance in running, cycling or swimming.

I have two goals for the rest of the year, which glancing down I realise is a reduced number from three as below and the goals are easier too.

If I can do both of those, then I'll be happy.
  • Reliably run 5km in under 20 minutes on or off road
  • Run a 50km ultra marathon
I also fully intend to build on my great swim training I've had over the past 6 months and continue working on my bike form and fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment