Thursday 4 October 2012

2013 Cannondale Trail SL 29ER 3 SS

I've been lucky enough to order a new bike under my company's benefit scheme. I had £1,000 to spend and this is the beauty I've gone for.

Now I haven't even swung my leg over her yet and it's not even being dispatched until the 15th of this month, but she's a beauty.

I've always loved single speeds, it's the simplicity and the beautiful lines. I also rather like the colour and I've been a big fan of Cannondale bikes for years.

But of course it wouldn't be a Seanie bike if it wasn't upgraded. The bike was a mere £599.99, which gave me £400.01 to spend on upgrades.

In my non-bike life I take ages to decide on something. I'm not rich and I'm known to have pre, during and post shopping dissonance. I simply can't make up my mind if the stakes are high.

However, I breezily spent £361.95 on Thomson components in probably less than 30 seconds. I know my bikes and I love my Thomson gear.

Thomson gear

  • Stem (1.5" diameter x 75mm length)
  • Handlebar (730mm x 12mm rise x 31.8mm diameter)
  • Stem cap (1.5" diameter)
  • Masterpiece seat post (31.6mm diameter x 330mm length)
  • Seat collar (34.9mm diameter)

Thomson really know their stuff. I'm not going to lie that I'm a little disappointed that the carbon handlebar I've ordered is made in Taiwan rather than the rest of their US manufactured aluminium components, but if the colour matches, yes I'm that fickle, then I'm happy.

Once I've got everything I'll give it a full review.

No comments:

Post a Comment