Monday 27 February 2012

Review of my recent running

I haven't been running anywhere near as much as I should be, or think I should be. It's mainly been because of a lack of time and instead of running I've been putting a lot of focus into swimming. I think that's probably been the wrong decision.

I'm happy with the distances, I think I just need to fit more shorter and faster runs in to my schedule and stop the swimming for a while. I always remember my Paratrooper corporals 'get out there and pound the streets'.

Here are my recent runs


Action plan for Rome 2012

Feb 27 - Mar 4

  • 5 mile run
  • 8 mile run
  • 20 mile run

Mar 5 - 11

  • 5 mile run
  • 8 mile run
  • 20 mile run

Mar 12 - 18

  • 5 mile run
  • Rest
  • Marathon
It's not ideal because I should be 'tapering', but I don't see that I have much else in the way of choice here. Perhaps I should read up a little more online for effective short term techniques, but right now this works in my head and I just need to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment