Tuesday 10 January 2012

67 days until the Rome marathon

It's not a life goal, but it's certainly something I'd really like to do. Run a marathon. I'll be honest, it might be because everyone I know has run a marathon. A lot of my colleagues have and it seems almost normal. So if they can do it, surely I can too? Actually no, it probably is a life goal.

Rome looks to be a perfect venue for a first marathon. Flat, suitable temperature and the roads are quite good too (I've read). I'll also be going with my friend Mark too, which is a bonus.

I've just come back from holiday and within days managed to pick up an ankle injury too. I did a manage to get in a 10k before the ankle incident and it appears I haven't completely lost my fitness whilst I've been away. I was away for 17 days as well, which did make me wonder how bad it would be.

The ankle too has added to the annoyance of not being able to train and ensure I've still got some fitness in me. Although it has led me to go swimming more, which is a pleasant, if not effective fitness alternative to swimming.

My goals for this week are to run 5k on the ankle with no trouble and plan the next 1:45 minute run.

1 comment:

  1. Which reminds me, I really must make sure I get my doctors certificate signed off!

    ReplyDelete