Sunday 29 January 2012

38 miles on the bike

I've been having a great week so far and for each of my current sports: running, cycling and swimming, I've beat my longest distances. In some cases by twice as much.

Yesterday was a great day on the bike. It's the first time I've been out on it since a few weeks back where I damaged my ankle in a particularly stupid commuting ride home. It was freezing, pouring with rain and I was wearing summer based gear and no waterproof. All my own fault.

But yesterday was different. I had the right fear, waterproof 'booties', which incidentally I absolutely love that name, and I wasn't wearing a rucksack filled with work stuff.

I managed 38 miles and I thoroughly enjoyed it all. Much like my recent run, I'm starting to find my limit of endurance without additional energy supplies. So in the next few weeks I'll be seeing what it's like to take on energy whilst running or riding.

So I'm happy with the ride and although I'll be away in the US for the next 2 weekends, I'm confident that I'll be able to keep up the fitness so that I can look forward to having another great week beating my longest distances.

No comments:

Post a Comment